Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Friday, 26 October 2012

Ice Cream Cupcakes


I realise I am probably bandwagon jumping with these.  The recipe was featured on the television a few weeks ago so I'm sure they are going around the blogosphere a lot.  They were so cute however I couldn't resist having a go.

They are just my usual vanilla cupcakes baked in a flat bottomed ice cream cone (who knew that would work!) topped with piped vanilla buttercream icing and half a flake. 

They would be easy to do if it were not for the fact that they are a little top heavy and kept falling over.  Took them down to a school fundraiser and they were gone before I could try one so I can't vouch for the taste!

9 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Hope I see some of those on the cake stall at the fete today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think someone figured out that ice cream cones don't burn in the oven and now everyone is using them! Just about to head over to read your fete blog now....

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you - I hope they tasted nice!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - I must be that last person who didn't know you could bake in ice cream cones. They look beautiful. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab! I think I might have to try these.

    What type of icing bag do you use? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a disposable icing bag from lakeland with a Wilton 1M icing nozzle. I tend to start at the outside of the cake swirling inwards and just keep going! It's really easy to do and looks fancier than it is!

      Delete
  5. Nom nom nom! I guess I'm going out to find ice cream cones later on then!

    ReplyDelete