Dance like no one is watching.
Blog like no one is reading.

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Is it too early?


"Ding dong merrily on high..."

I don't want to say the word 'Christmas'.  Particularly when there are no mince pies in the house and I am not sure yet whether the advent calender is in the attic or the airing cupboard but I have been making decorations and show them I must.

 Always nice to make your own printed fabric.  I had the, admittedly, not so groundbreaking idea to mix my matt fabric paints with my silver fabric paint and lo and behold, an angel appeared... sorry.  Lo and behold, I got sparkly coloured fabric paint.

A bit of stuffing, some gorgeous vintage buttons and jobs a good un.


Although this was my first one.  Note the button at the top of the hanging tab.  This is because numpty here managed to cut the hanging loop apart when I was cutting out the bird near the seam line.  It was a classic 'how thick am I?' moment!

4 comments:

  1. It's never too early to start getting excited for Christmas! Cute birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relly nice Christmas decor. Love the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty birdies! I've just finished making my first Christmas present this year...so no it's not too early! ;)

    ReplyDelete