I am continuing to work my way through sewing some amazing charity shop dress patterns, and this week I tackled what I believe to be the oldest in the pack - copyright 1968.
The material I used was from my Pembrokeshire holiday haul. A duvet cover I purchased for a pound. I chose this material as I specifically liked the idea of tackling a bit of fabric placement and the bottom panel of the cover gave me that challenge.
I love the raglan sleeves but they did present a problem when it came to inserting a lining to the front and back of the dress - something that the original pattern did not have. In the end I caught the lining at the neck edge, sewed the side seams independently from the main fabric and then slip stitched the lining to the sleeve seam.
Finally, just to prove that I do wear my handmade creations outside of the house, here I am at a soiree wearing the said dress. To match the dress I had a teeny tiny snowball cocktail as I remember my mother drinking it only at Christmas time many years ago. Good job I only tried a little bit as I definitely prefer the dress to the drink!